How to Hire Us

How to Hire Us

Please Note
This topic is about how to hire us. If you would like to request a feature for one of our open source plugins, please read How to Request a Feature

Hey there, I’m Angus.

I work with online communities on software and product development.

I’ve worked with a wide range of clients, from large enterprises with big communities, to individuals just starting out.

If you have an account, the best way to get in touch is to message me on this site :raising_hand_man:.

Alternatively, you can email me :email: .

Software Development :man_technologist:

I have over 4 years experience working with Discourse, the leading open source community platform (and the platform this site uses). I also have software development experience with Wordpress, Ghost and a number of other tools used build online communities.

I’ve built over 40 Discourse plugins, a number of which are popular and widely used. I mentor a number of other open source developers and am active in the open source community.

I am available to work on:

• Feature development, including development of new Discourse plugins.

• Style changes, including development of new Discourse themes.

• Modification of on any of my existing open source work.

Product Development :man_office_worker:

I have over 4 years experience as a product manager in different venture-backed startups (check me out on LinkedIn to learn more). Combined with my experience in software development and my history of involvement in open source communities, I can provide a unique perspective on the development of your community product.

I can advise on:

• What features your community needs to prioritise now, and in the future.

• How to start your community, including what platforms are suitable.

• How to run your community, including what metrics you should care about.

• How you can use off-the-shelf and open source solutions to save money and time.

Get in Touch

If you have an account, the best way to get in touch is to message me on this site :raising_hand_man:.

Alternatively, you can email me :email: .

If you have any questions about hiring me, please post them in this topic.

2 Likes